One of the most dominant trends currently impacting the legal profession is disruptive innovation.
As law firms face the rapid growth of globalisation, digital technologies and the commoditisation of traditional legal services, they face increasing challenges to the way they operate and compete in the market.
To address these highly-relevant issues, the Deakin Law School’s 2017 Conference (Wednesday, May 24) will feature a range of expert speakers sharing contemporary and cutting-edge insights on disruption in the legal profession and the impact of technology across the courts.
Hosted by the school’s Centre on the Legal Profession the conference will feature a range of topics exploring:
- the future of legal services
- the law firm of the future
- technology in Australian Courts and tribunals
Keynote addresses and sessions will be presented by an outstanding line-up of distinguished legal experts including:
- Justice Dhananjaya Chandrachud, Judge, Supreme Court of India
- Ms. Chittu Nagarajan, Founder and Managing Director, Modria, USA
- Paul Ross, CEO, Guided Resolution Pty Ltd
- Duncan Travis, Partner, Allens
- Shannon Salter, Chair of the Civil Resolution Tribunal, Vancouver (Video Presence)
- Rhondda Nichols, Founder, Ozpropertylaw.com
- Peter Maloney, CEO, Global IX
- Stephanie Abbot, Director, Janders Dean
- Ian Chivers, CEO ELaw
- Justice Yashwant Varma, Judge, Allahabad High Court, India
- Warwick Walsh, CEO & Founder, Lawcadia
- Jacqueline Shannon, Department of Justice, New Zealand
- Murray Bruce, Director, Geography Leader Asia pacific and Aus and New Zealand, IBM Watson
- Dr. Allison Stanfield, Managing Director and Solicitor, SG Legal Services
- Shaun Chung, Legal Engineer, Law Path
- Alex Solo, Co-founder, SprintLaw
- Justice Ravindra Bhat, Judge, High Court of Delhi, India
- Justice Balbir Singh Chauhan, Chairman, Law Commission of India
- Elizabeth Whitelock, CEO, Veriluma
- Professor Ranbir Singh, Vice-Chancellor, National Law University, Delhi
- Adrian Cartland, Principal, CartlandLaw
- Michael Green, Senior Counsel, Founder and Director, BarNet JADE
- MJ Cartwright, CEO, Court Innovations
- Imme Kaschner, Hive Legal
- Sheree Ip, Lecturer and Blockchain Consultant
- Professor Sandeep Gopalan, Dean, Deakin Law School
- The Hon Dr. S Muralidhar, Judge, High Court of Delhi, India
- Kevin Muller, CEO, LegalSifter, USA
The Deakin Law School Conference is a must-not-miss event for anyone who is keen to learn from global experts, thought leaders and innovators who are transforming the way in which future legal services are delivered.
Secure your registration by 12 May and don’t miss this opportunity to be a part of this exclusive event.