Deakin University and the Institute of Public Accountants invite you to celebrate the launch of the IPA-Deakin SME Research Centre.
Join us to find out how the Centre could assist your organisation with advocating on policy issues affecting small and medium sized private enterprises (SMEs) and not-for-profit enterprises (NFPs) in Australia. There will also be opportunities to network during the event.
The Hon. Bruce Billson, former Federal Minister for Small Business and chair of the Centre’s advisory board, will give the keynote address at the launch.
IPA CEO Andrew Conway and Deakin researchers will give examples of policy research, evidence-based policy development, issues briefings and papers, and policy evaluations the Centre has undertaken across a range of areas including:
- Governance, financial reporting
- Financial services, self-managed superannuation funds
- Competition law, regulatory compliance
- Entrepreneurship, innovation, international trade
- Social responsibility, environmental sustainability, staff wellbeing
- Cyber security and business data analytics
- Marketing communications
The Centre does this work in collaboration with world class SME research centres at Brighton and Kingston Universities and other prominent UK institutions.