Deakin Law School (DLS) is seeking applicants of the highest academic standards to participate in our PhD program. Successful applicants will receive rigorous coursework training, supervision from experienced academics, and a living allowance. Successful applicants will also be eligible to receive:
- Funds to support research activities, including conference attendance
- Funds to facilitate post-PhD placement in an academic institution
- Funds to support international relocation
- Publication incentives for publishing research in top academic journals
- Access to Faculty research training workshops and seminars
Depending upon ability and performance in the program, students will also have the opportunity to teach into our undergraduate program and to undertake internships at leading companies.
Annual Stipend of AUD$27,082 tax exempt (2018 rate) plus a $5,000 top-up for all successful business and law applicants.
Melbourne Burwood Campus, Australia
Contact for further information:
30 September 2018
- Strong interest in creating new knowledge
- Ability to think creatively
- Demonstrated ability to undertake independent research in an Honours or Master-level program
- Excellent English communication skills
Deakin University is ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide across the three major international university rankings, and in the top 50 universities under 50. Deakin has a 5-star QS rating, highlighting the quality of both our research and teaching.
Deakin Law School is highly regarded and ranked as one of Victoria’s top law schools. It is ranked among the top 100 law schools globally by the latest QS, ARWU and SSRN rankings. DLS is also one of 23 law schools in Australia that has received CALD certification. These rankings are based on several criteria including research, teaching, employability, facilities, internationalisation, and engagement.